Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crafty - Christmas Stocking

I was wanting to make a photo tutorial but I'm super tired and figured it was pretty self explanatory.  Anyways....  David needed a Christmas stocking to take up to work and I got all excited and decided to make him one and this is what I came up with.

I used cookies cutters to make outlines of the shapes and cut them out.  Then I hand stitched on the characteristics of each shape with sewing floss.  Stitched the shapes onto the stocking with the same type of floss (I didn't use any glue).  The last step was writing the name at the top of the stock and adding a little decoration with the glitter glue pens.  Very easy, very simple.

Supplies:
Red Felt Stocking,
White, Glitter White, Green and Brown Felt,
Scissors,
Yarn Needle,
White, Black, Red, Yellow, Brown, Orange, and Green Sewing Floss,
Cookie Cutters,
Pen,
Red, Gold and Green Glitter Glue Pens,


*Fun Tip!*
To get a craftier look and a little more depth I like to use two different colors of floss at the same time depending on what I'm stitching.  For instance: The star on top of the Christmas tree I used White and Yellow floss, the Ginger Bread Man's mint looking buttons I used Red and White and The Snowmans Pipe is Yellow and Brown so it'd look more like a corncob pipe.





ENJOY!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment