Sunday, January 6, 2013

My very own Mediterranean Salad

I was on Pinterest and found 2 recipes that sounded good but had some ingredients that I'm not a huge fan of so I took the 2 recipes, combined some of them together and added a few of my own touches to it.

I have had a request for the recipe so this is for you Samantha!



Mediterranean Salad

1 15oz can of garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) - drained and rinsed,
1/2 large Red Pepper - chopped,
1/4 large Red Onion - chopped,
large handful of Yellow Grape Tomatoes - halved,
handful of Kalamata Olives - sliced,
1 small/medium Cucumber - chopped,
handful of Traditional Feta Cheese,
handful of Almonds - chopped/lightly minced,
1 tablespoon of Mint - minced,
1 tablespoon of Basil - minced,
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - medium drizzle all over,
Red Wine Vinegar - heavy shake all over,
Sea Salt and Ground Black Peppercorn to season.

Combine vegetables and almonds into a medium bowl and drizzle with oil and vinegar, sprinkle with sea salt and ground black peppercorns and feta cheese, toss together and serve at room temperature or chilled, by it's self or over spinach and arugula leaves.
If you serve it with spinach and arugula I would recommend drizzling a little more oil and vinegar to moisten the leaves.

This recipe would be perfect to make for a spring or summer picnic or take to any type of get together.
I truly love making "clean food" for my family.  It's not only healthy but it's delicious!
It makes me feel so good eating it and serving it to my family.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe.  I know my family and I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment