Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hobbit Halloween Costume

My son is 18 months old this month and we still haven't cut his beautifully long curling ends of reddish/brown hair.  Even though people tell us at least once a week that we should have cut it a long time ago.  Ugh, I hate it that!

Anyways, I was trying to think of a good Halloween costume for him this year and the thought of a Hobbit popped into mind.  OH A HOBBIT!  How perfect!  He has the perfect look for it, loves walking around outside with large sticks so I know he'll walk about with a "walking stick" and I figured I could find all the perfect outfit pieces for his costume at the Goodwill, which I was able to do today! 

I am so excited about the pieces that I found.  I really wanted to find dark brown pants but I couldn't.  I did find a pair of khakis and I think I'm just going to go to the super market and buy some dark brown dye and dye them.
I'm concerned about dying a pair of khakis because I know you're suppose to only dye white fabric....  So...  Yeah...  I need to find out some dying information.
(If you, yes you! Know anything about dying clothes I would love some feed back. Pretty please and thank you!)
I also found a white button up long shelve shirt that I'll have to alter just a tad and a dark green corduroy jacket that has cute little patches on the elbows of the shelves that's a few sizes to big which is perfect for the "Hobbit" look.
I have a few ideas on how to make a cloak but I'm not completely sure yet.
I also have a few other ideas that I'm pondering on but I'll save those for the pictures I plan to post as a "Halloween Costume Preview".

No comments:

Post a Comment