Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We made ornaments tonight

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know I sure did!  I made the best turkey.  I do have to say I am awful proud of myself for hosting my family this year for the first time.  Everything turned out so well and the food was A-MAZING!

Tonight the family sat at the kitchen table and made gingerbread ornaments together.
I wish I could share pictures with you all but of course I was at my Dad's and forgot my camera a few days ago.  I'm terrible at keeping track of that thing!
We made a few gingerbread people, 1 for each member of our household and a few others that I cut bite marks into like somebody had been eating on him.  It's really super cute.  Stockings, Candy canes, our Son's little hand print, a heart with our finger prints inside of it.  That one didn't turn out so well.  I think Salt Dough would work better for that idea.
Maybe I'll do a few of those this year as well.

Lastly, I would like to share that this is my favorite time of year.
I love the spirit of Christmas, all the beautiful Christmas music, Christmas lights that people use to decorate their homes, hot cocoa, peppermints, cookies, CHRISTMAS SHOWS like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Peanuts, Frosty, Rudolph, etc. etc.
I've already started a little bit of my Christmas shopping and my tree is up and decorated, now I just have a little house decorating to do and I'll be finished with that.  Everything makes me so happy this time of year!


I would also like to encourage you to buy a toy and donate it to your local toy drive.
We all know there are to many kids in this country that won't have a Christmas and it's the least we can do to help a family out.  I know a lot of people are broke in general and especially this time of year but just remember you don't have to spend a lot of money to show a child love and make them feel special.

When I was a child the place of employment my mom worked at burnt down a few weeks before Christmas and the community we lived in at the time donated items to the families that were effected.  My siblings and I received 2 gifts each and we all were more grateful that there were people (total strangers) out there that cared enough to share their love with us.
Be a blessing and give a little to someone that's in need more then you, your friends, family and even your children.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment