Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh, no! I've lost my motivation!

I recently became a new mother to a beautiful son and I've also recently decided that I'd start quilting. I got so excited because I think it would be very special that my first quilt I would ever make would be for my new baby!

I went out and spent over $100.00 on supplies including fabric and I figured out which pattern I would put together. I accomplished cutting all of my squares out and I got my sewing mechine out and set it up on my craft desk. I then crawed under my desk to plug in the mechine and realized as the moment was to late that I had no plug space!

I started thinking up ways to solve my problem and the only thing I can remotely come up with is to set my sewing mechine up on my living room coffee table.
My coffee table I'm roughly guessing is 3.5x3.5 feet wide and probably 2 feet high with a full glass center. If you can imagen my table then you're probably thinking like I am and know that's not an idealic place to spend only Lord knows how much time making this quilt that I'm so determend to make.  Goodness being hunched over is going to kill my neck, back and shoulders and I'm worried about the glass on the table.  Sewing mechines rattle and being on glass...  Seems like a very bad idea to me.

Needless to say, ever since since has happened (about 1-2 weeks ago) I have lost all motivation to complete my mission.

How can I give up on it though?
I want to learn how to quilt, it'll be my babies first quilt, and I would love to try and make this a new income for my little family.

That being said I'll explain why.

Ever since I was about 8-9 months pergnant I haven't worked. My baby is now 11 weeks old.
My boyfriend and I decided once our son is 6 months old I'll go back to work since that is the time I want to stop breast feeding him, but... I've quickly come to love the realitization of being a Home Maker, plus I really don't like the idea of going back to work and not truely being the one to raise my son. I know there are tons of parents that have to put their child/children in Daycare and there's nothing wrong with that but if I can help it I want to avoid that for my child. I hate the thought of being away from my sweet boy for 28-35 hours a week for horrible pay. It is not worth it to me and like I said before, I don't want someone else raising my child. So I figured I could start making baby quilts with matching baby throw pillows to sell online to help my boyfriend with our household income. I think it's an amazing idea that I truely believe can work. I've made out a business plan and everything.

So I really need to find some sort of super duper mojo power to get myself motivated again, I can't just give up on this idea that I've had for quite sometime now. I can't give up on the hope that I can stay home and be a Home Maker for my family.

ONLY IF I HAD AN EXTENTION CORD!
(But, I'm broke...)

2 comments:

  1. What about the kitchen table? If all you need is an extension cord... I am sure I could find one for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about the kitcken table but I'd still need an extention cord.
    If you could find one for me that'd be amazing!

    ReplyDelete